Matthew Halliday, GA CONSULTING, MARN 0701626
The Australian Immigration Department has confirmed a few minor changes will be made to Australia's skilled migration occupations lists.
The main changes are as follows:
Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
The SOL is relevant for applicants applying for Australia migration who intend to apply for:
• independent points-based skilled migration who are not nominated by a state or territory government agency (subclass 189)
• a Family Sponsored points-based skilled visa (for people who have a relative who is an Australian permanent resident or citizen living in a low population area)
• Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) - Graduate Work stream (this is for people who have studied in Australia for at least 2 years)
Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL)
The CSOL is relevant for applicants for:
• points-based skilled migration who are nominated by a state or territory government agency under a State Migration Plan(subclasses 190/489)
• the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS), who must have been nominated by an Australian employer to fill a position in an occupation that appears in the CSOL
• the Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)
• the Training and Research visa (subclass 402).
Summary of changes
The following changes will apply to applications made for the above Australian visas on or after 1 July 2014.
Occupations added to the SOL
The following occupations will be added to the SOL:
• Chef (Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) 351311)
• Bricklayer (ANZSCO 331111)
• Wall and Floor Tiler (ANZSCO 333411)
Occupations added to the CSOL
The following occupations will be added to the CSOL:
• Hydrogeologist (ANZSCO 234413)
• Exercise Physiologist (ANZSCO 234915)
Changes to occupation titles
The following titles will be changed:
• Ship's Surveyor will be titled Marine Surveyor (ANZSCO 231215)
• General Medical Practitioner will be titled General Practitioner (ANZSCO 253111)
Changes to assessing authorities
For new applications for the above visas made on or after 1 July 2014, new assessing authorities will be specified for the following occupations:
• Nurse Manager (ANZSCO 254311): Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC)
• Nurse Educator (ANZSCO 254211): ANMAC
• Nurse Researcher (ANZSCO 254212): ANMAC.
• Marine Transport Professional not elsewhere classified (ANZSCO 231299): Vocational Education and Training Assessment Services (VETASSESS)
Please feel free to contact us for further information about how these changes might affect your migration options.