Subclass 407 visa
The subclass 407 Training visa is designed to allow foreign nationals to visit Australia and develop skills in their area of expertise.
Unlike a student visa or a work visa, this visa allows foreign employees to undertake practical on the job training or participate in an academic or professional development project.
This visa should also be of interest to human resource managers looking to dispatch staff overseas to undertake practical and professional training which provides a number of advantages over pure academic study in terms of applicability of the skills gained directly back into the work environment.
This visa has three streams:
This visa requires applicants to have a sponsoring organisation willing to host and or train the applicant during their time in Australia. Usually this will be an Australian company or government department.
Commonly, the employee's foreign employer will take responsibility for the applicants living costs while the applicant trains at the Australian organisation.
How we can help
We can assist organisations with the Australian Training and Professional Development Visa Subclass 407 in a number of ways:
1. Assessing the appropriate stream for the application
2. Researching and contacting suitable sponsors for company/foreign government backed applicants
3. Acting as a liaison between foreign companies and Australian companies
4. Assisting in the creation of Immigration compliant training plans
5. Assisting both the applicant and Australian organization in processing the relevant Immigration paper work.
Australia is among one of the few OECD countries to avoid the Global Financial Crisis and has a modern and progressive regulatory system. Despite its size, it is also has one of the highest GDP per capita in the world and its cities are regularly ranked among the best in the world for livability.
Combined with its use of English, undertaking professional training in Australia will well equip employees to undertake work in any any environment where English is commonplace. Particular areas of interest for professional training include:
- Public administration
- Financial, insurance and banking
- Safety standards
- Corporate regulation
- Ecology and environmental protection
- Tourism development