Skilled Migration

If you have a few years of experience in a skilled occupation, appropriate qualifications and good English, you may be able to qualify for a skilled migration visa to Australia.


These visas are non-employer linked meaning that you are free to work in Australia for any employer you want. The main visas options are as follows:


Subclass 189 - Independent Skilled Visa

This visa is a permanent visa and allows migrants to work, live or study anywhere in Australia. Find out more here


Subclass 190 - Skilled Sponsored Visa

Like the 189, this is permanent visa which allows you to stay in Australia indefinitely. While this visa requires you to gain State sponsorship and make a promise to live in the sponsoring state for 2 years, it has a number of benefits including faster processing and an easier approach to meeting the skilled migration points test. Find out more here.


Subclass 491 - Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa

This visa is a temporary residence visa valid for four years which provides a pathway to permanent residence after you have lived in a particular area for two years and worked there for one. This visa is particularly advantageous to applicants unable to meet the points test for the 189 or 190 visas. Find out more here.



Interested in a free assessment of your eligibility? Complete our online assessment form by click on the button below:


Contact us via:


Like what you see? Share this page!